Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 3

After my double workout on Tuesday I honestly didn't think I would be able to get out of bed Wednesday morn. My arms and neck were in lots of pain. It's a good thing I have to drop Matt off at work otherwise I could have just laid there for hours.  I forced myself to go to Nike and run on the treadmill. The weather has been pretty crappy out here with rain that is just too heavy to run in.  After a SOLID two miles I threw in the towel to stretch!  Even stretching felt like a chore.

Today has started off on a better note. Thankfully my body just needed that day of "rest" and I was able to log 5 miles this morning with energy to spare.  But this challenge isn't all about working out! It's also about diet and so I wanted to share the Turkey Chili dish that I threw in the crock pot this morning. I modified it a bit. Instead of using Ground Beef I threw in Ground Turkey and instead of the Tom Juice I used Stewed Tomatoes.  Will let you know how it turns out.  If you have a delicious recipe that you've made feel free to share it! I'm always looking for new dishes. Stevie, maybe you should post your chicken tender one?

No comments:

Post a Comment