Monday, February 6, 2012

Days 13 thru 15

Weekends are the toughest time to stay on your diet plan especially when you throw some traveling in there.  I made sure to pack the car with lots of healthy snacks for the trip up to Vancouver.  America isn't exactly well known for their nutrient rich foods and when gas stations are your only option your odds get even worse.  I will take dried mangoes over Blazin Buffalo & Ranch flavored Doritos any day. During the trip I was lucky enough to join a few friends for lunch and that's where I learned of a couple new recipes that I wanted to share here.

First off, Michelle Collens, told me about a cauliflower dish that is both simple and delicious! Tried and tested tonight.  All you have to do is break up the cauliflower into florets, spread them out on a cookie sheet, sprinkle some olive oil and season with salt, pepper and paprika.  Bake at 400 for 25 minutes and voila.

Secondly, Kelly Trerise, shared one of her favourite snacks.  Same idea as the cauliflower but instead you substitute with kale.  Break up the kale into bite size pieces, toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes and they turn out crispy like potato chips.  I purchased some kale today to try this snack tomorrow.

These recipes are probably nothing new to most of you but I had never tried them.  I love how simple they are.  If it's easy to remember I will likely make it more often.  Let me know if you enjoy them as much as I do.

1 comment:

  1. I tried the cauliflower and it was great. this is the good

    ReplyDelete